Tackorama
I wanted to pick up a few nick-nacks as gifts, and also needed to get some more drugs (legal variety - melatonin tablets!).
What better place to look than the emporium of tack in the tackiest city in the world.
![]() |
| The self-advertised largest gift store in the world! |
It didn't disappoint, with everything imaginable from the acceptable to the most crass, and even a few things worth buying. Definitely worth a visit if you want some Vegas souvenirs. I managed to get a gaudy Vegas coffee mug with my name on it, so hopefully the mug scroungers and thieves at work get the message!
We actually had some rain also, and thunderstorms are forecast for later. I managed to stay largely dry, and after completing the shopping hopped back on the Deuce heading for The Linq. I stopped at In'n'Out Burger on the way. $10 for a decent burger and fries; so shows that not everything in Vegas is a total rip-off. I treated myself to a nice cold beer to wash it down.
Currently back in the hotel and it is just past 4pm. I'll probably have a short rest, as with a 6am start today I want to try to get back into Vegas time to some extent - night time poker is usually very action filled and profitable, so I want to take some advantage. Hopefully my rest today, doesn't end up in bed for the night!
I'm now just under 48 hours in. The running total on all costs - food, presents, hotel, flights, transport etc is $1830. I'm $378 up on the poker, so have $1452 to go to make it a free holiday!
I've played about 15 hours of poker which equates to just under $40 per hour - not so shabby when that is after tips and free drinks!

Comments
Post a Comment