Last Night in Vegas
I headed to the Venetian (yes, I'm a creature of habit - but it was hot and I didn't want to walk too far outside!) at about 8, and had decided to use my 'comps' to get a nice meal, for my last 'proper' meal in Vegas. Despite what google assured it, it turned out I wasn't able to simply present my card in the restaurant, and after first visiting the Casino Rewards desk, I was sent to Poker Room to get my voucher there - they really don't want to make it easy for you! Fortunately, in anticipation that I might have some issues, I had chosen the Grand Lux Cafe, which is immediately downstairs from the Poker room. That meant I didn't have far to go, and by the time I got back to the Cafe, my carbonera was waiting for me.
![]() |
| Carbonera at the Grand Lux |
It was delicious, costing me $5 for taxes and tips, with $25 taken care of by the comps.
Then it was upstairs to the poker room. Despite being registered, it took a while to get involved - but they set up a new table and we were off. It was mainly tourists, with the most notable character being a 21 year old Amercian kid from Texas with one of the giant novelty drinks.
| Fat Tuesday Novelty Drinks |
Now perhaps he wasn't a bad kid, and I'm not unused to dealing with 21 year olds, given my job, but this guy ticked all the annoying boxes - telling us how 'smashed' he was, incessantly talking, ostentatiously tipping, bluffing ridiculously etc. These guys always have a predictable trajectory - cause some carnage, build a huge stack and give most of it away.
I didn't get in any major tangles with him, and only really had 2 big pots - both of which were variants of the same thing. In both I called a preflop raise with a suited jack. In the first I hit the flush draw with middle pair and check-raised another player all-in (he was shorter). He had QT for top pair which held up, but it was absolutely the correct play by me and a bad call by him. The other was a similar size pot, where I called the flop all-in with JTs on a ten high flop with a flush draw. The turn brought in the desired heart and the other guy mucked, disgusted - I'm guessing QQ+.
I'm due to check out shortly, with my flight in about 8 hours time, so I'll probably go back to either the Venetian or the Bellagio (it is currently 39 degrees outside!) before heading for the airport.
Wanted Rating: 0/5 starsCars Stolen: 0
Prostitute Encounters: 0
Poker winnings: $117

Comments
Post a Comment