Render Unto Caesar's that which is Caeser's

So, as I planned in last nights update, I went to Caesars where I played for about 4 hours.

Caesars poker table, first our. Up slightly

As , the first task to try to suss out the other players. It was a full table - I was given the last free seat and seated immediately after arriving at the room. The first sign was that most people seemed to have a drink in front of them which is a good sign - usually more relaxed, fun and profitable. On my immediate left was an Asian looking guy, whose name began with M. Mitsubishi it is. Then a guy about my aged who looked like Lou Reed and had a big stack. Then someone I can't remember and a Russian guy, who'll we'll call Boris, also with a big stack. All on my left unfortunately - as you generally want to be acting after guys like that who look like they may know what they're doing. On my right were three guys who looked pretty relaxed - AJ from Carolina, Samir from Morocco and Larry from Chicago.

I started cautiously, as I usually do, trying to get a feel for the players. I was conscious this was my first time playing cash poker in almost a year. Boris left shortly after, and I got involved in a few pots with Lou Reed - taking down one when I check-called him to the river with my AJ on a jack-high flop, and giving up one earlier one. He mucked something on that AJ hand, so I had to think he may have bluffed me off the previous. I got involved in two pots with Larry - losing both, having raised limpers (including him). He called my raise with K5 and rivered two pair at the same time as I hit my AK. Oh well. The other saw me correctly read his flop-donk as weak with my second pair with Ace kicker. I raised and he called - again rivering me when his busted straight draw (QT) hit a T for a higher second pair to my 9 (with an ace).

Things weren't going my way but the table was fun and I was in and around breakeven till the last stretch. AJ had left and was replaced by a Portugese kid who looked like and Asian Ronaldo. He spoke no English and didn't seem to know much about poker either. He lost a few big pots and hit another few lucky ones, include what was probably the decisive pot. I raised some limpers, including Ronaldo with QQ. The flop came 844 with two spades, which was pretty ideal. Larry led out, Ronaldo called and I raised. Larry folded and Ronaldo called. Ronaldo then donked the turn and I elected to call, not too sure what to make of it. The river was a blank and Ronaldo led for a chunky bet of 75. I tanked for a while and eventually decided to call - It was hard to put him on a 4 (A4s maybe?), so pocket 8s were about all I feared. He showed 43 and I was left to lick my wounds. I played a few more orbits without any more drama.

I don't feel I played my A-game, but is more a case of perhaps not pushing certain edges than any major blunders.

Wanted Rating: 0/5 stars
Cars Stolen: 0
Prostitute Encounters: 0
Poker winnings: -$190

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tackorama

Leaving Dublin

Around the world in 0.80 days