Shopping

 I did promise a photo or video of the Sphere, so here it is:

Not as 'Vegas' as many of its incarnations, but hey - that is what was onshow earlier this morning, so that is what you get!

After breakfast I took the 15-20 min walk to the Venetian. I was under the impression that I'd have to upgrade my loyalty card but that doesn't seem to be the case. I played a few hours (I'll update separately on that), and then took another 20 minute (although turned out to be more like 35, as I couldn't find the poker room where Google Maps said it was!) walk to the Wynn.

Here is a photo looking Southwards from outside the Veniatan.

Looking South from the Venetian

Again, a few hours there and then I decided I would go for some shopping. Given the price of any kind of snack etc, I normally buy some water and some basic food (bread, cold meat, cheese) so I don't need to eat out at every meal. I also had shopping lists for various people for various medications, ointments, drops etc. So I hopped on the bus (incidentally 5 distinct machines at 3 stops wouldn't take card, so I had to use cash) and took the 25 minute ride south to Target - the one place on the Strip that doesn't really charge Strip prices. The crowds there were testament to that, but I got what I needed and headed back to the hotel.

It was 36 outside yesterday (perhaps more in the sun), so I was tired and thirsty when I got back to the room. I put away all the purchases, and had a cold water from the fridge before deciding a short lie-down would be in order. The plan was to rest for maybe an hour and then visit another poker room after a snack.

In the event, I fell into a deep sleep and woke at midnight! At that point I decided I might as well cut my losses and just try and sleep a bit more, and reset the body clock to Vegas the next day (today, Wednesday).

It is 7:45am as I write this and I've been up about 90 minutes, more than well rested. I've had a nice breakfast from my supply stash, so I might post a few more updates on yesterdays poker and then have a shower and start it all over again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tackorama

Leaving Dublin

Around the world in 0.80 days